posted by Brandon Esparza @ 5:02pm, Wednesday 29 August 2012.
Florida Outdoors RV is a Florida RV dealer that wants to do more than just sell you an RV, we want to educate you and keep you in the know about everything RV! This list, modified by our own Darrell Sanford in Okeechobee will help you avoid those RV insurance nightmares that people have run into in the past. Learn from their mistakes!
What's interesting is the number of claims that fall into the "I forgot" category, and while many of these are not catastrophic, they can exceed the deductible, and claims equal higher insurance rates. There are many checklists one can find regarding the purchase, storage, or RV season preparation. What about a checklist to help you avoid the "I forgot" insurance claims? Below is a checklist that should be used before you pull out of the campground to hit the road.
1. Check all fluids and tire pressure on your tow vehicle.
2. Check your battery charge.
3. Check RV wheel lug nut torque and tire pressure.
4. Check propane tanks and generator levels fill if necessary.
5. Fuel tow vehicle before hooking up.
6. Items inside camper secured, counters cleared, and cabinets latched?
7. TV Secure?
8. Roof vents and windows closed?
9. Air conditioning off?
10. Awning stowed and secured?
11. Slides checked for water and debris?
12. Inside RV clear of items in slide path?
13. Slides closed and locked?
14. Refrigerator off or running on DC?
15. Black and gray takes empty?
16. Black and gray tank valves closed?
17. Treatment chemicals and small amount of water added to black tank?
18. Cable/phone, electricity, sewer hose, and water hose disconnected and stored?
19. Water pump off?
20. RV lights off?
21. Propane tank valves closed?
22. All trash removed?
23. Stabilizer Jacks raised or removed?
24. King pin lock removed if applicable?
25. RV breakaway switch, umbilical cord, sway bars, and safety chains attached where applicable?
26. Tongue or leveling jacks raised? Leveling blocks stored?
27. Chocks removed and stored?
28. All doors and panels on RV locked?
29. RV and tow vehicle lights working?
30. RV brakes checked?
31. RV brakes checked?
32. Walk around RV complete? No items left behind? Jacks up?
If you have any questions about anything on this RV insurance list, don't hesitate to call us! We are the experts in RVs! Don't forget your own Florida RV dealer, Florida Outdoors RV!
- RV Ricky
Twitter, Facebook, Google +